Do you know a fantastic student, an inspiring teacher, or a deserving volunteer? Wouldn’t it be nice to honour them with an award for their dedication and perseverance? Show them that their efforts are worthy of praise and are noticed by others.
TEAM awards are presented at our annual conference in May. Members are notified on our social media accounts and by e-mail of nomination deadlines and procedures. Please note that in order to nominate, at least one nominator must be a TEAM member in good standing. Nominees do not have to be TEAM members.
Immigrant Learner Award – $250
Presented to a current EAL learner with permanent resident or refugee status in recognition of her/his perseverance in learning.
- Has made an effort to use English inside and outside the EAL classroom, transferring learned language skills whenever and wherever possible
- Has met the English language objectives for the level of study
- Has demonstrated a commitment to learning through attendance, participation, attitude, and self-direction
- Has demonstrated a willingness to work with others, either in small groups or as part of the whole class
- A letter of recommendation with a brief description of the program, a brief outline of the nominee’s merits, goals, and successes, and personal information
Teacher Award – $250
A one-time award offered to and Adult EAL teacher, in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of adult EAL through service to the community.
- Has demonstrated commitment to service at an Adult EAL program in Manitoba
- Has demonstrated excellence in teaching English as n additional language
- Has extended own learning and teaching practices through professional development opportunities and other formal and informal learning opportunities
International Learner Award – $250
Presented to a current international student (student visa holder) in Manitoba in recognition of his/her perseverance in learning.
- Attendance at an adult EAL program in Manitoba
- Excellence in acquiring English as an additional language
- Acceptance at a recognized institution in Manitoba
- Description of the length, cost, and scope of the intended program of study
- Letter of reference from a former adult EAL instructor
- Outline of academic goals
EAL Volunteer Award – $250
Presented in recognition of excellence in and dedication to volunteering in the field of EAL for adults in Manitoba.
- Commitment of unpaid personal time and energy to assisting EAL learners
- Promotion of EAL learner success in the classroom and/or in the larger surrounding community
- Flexibility in assisting with a variety of activities that benefit EAL learners
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and variety of learning styles among EAL learners
2017 Conference Award Nominations
Nominations were due by April 1st. Thank you to all nominators. Successful candidates will be awarded at our conference.