Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Do I receive a membership number, card, or some kind of proof that I am a member?

As of now, we do not issue cards or numbers to members. You are registered based on name and email address, and your receipt of payment is proof of membership for that year.

How can I pay for my membership?

Payment can currently be made via e-transfer or cheque. Please see our Membership page for more information.

Can I pay by cheque?

Yes. Please mail your cheque to our physical address, which is P.O Box 68013 Winnipeg, MB R3L 2V9. Cheques should be made out to TEAM or Teaching English as an Additional Language to Adults in Manitoba. Please include what the cheque is for on the memo line. In addition, we also need your first name, last name, and e-mail address for your TESL MB and TESL Canada membership registration. *Please do NOT make cheques out to TESL MB as our banking information has not yet been changed to reflect the new name.

I want to be a TESL Canada member, and it says I have to do it through TESL MB/TEAM. How do I do this?

Once your payment for TESL MB/TEAM membership has been made, your information is sent to TESL Canada. We update our membership list regularly.

How do I know if my membership is still active?

Can’t remember when you paid for your membership? Aside from checking your payment method history, you may contact us to request confirmation on our contact us page.

I would like to get some information out to the membership. How do I do this?

Please send the information that you would like to be shared, as well as where and when you would like it shared, to our Communications Chair.

I have been thinking of becoming involved in TESL MB/TEAM, but I don’t have a lot of time to commit.

We would love to hear from you. Contact us, and we’ll find something that works for your time and interests. A good way to start is as a Member-at-Large, which is a learning role with no specific responsibilities.

How do I become an adult ESL teacher in Manitoba?

In order to become certified to teach English as a second language (ESL) to adults in the province of Manitoba, one must first complete a teacher training program. Then, the job application process begins. Check out our social media pages and news page for the most recent jobs shared with us by employers.

What’s the difference between TESL MB/TEAM and TEAL?

TESL MB/TEAM exclusively represents Manitoban adult EAL educators, whereas TEAL is an organization for educators in primary and secondary schools, adult and university settings who are interested in EAL. For more information about TEAL, visit their website.